PUBG, the number one multiplayer game has achieved many milestones and become the favourite of the game enthusiasts in the current time.
Recently, many people have been facing the “PUBG failed to initialize Steam” issue and they are not able to play the game due to this. If you are also facing the same issue then keep on reading as we will show you some very good fixes today with the help of which you will get rid of the issue. So, keep reading the fixes and try them out.
Download PUBG Game Download for PC: PUBG Download For PC
Fix 1: Disable fullscreen optimizations for your game
Windows 10 has provided the fullscreen optimizations feature to boost the performance of the game. But sometimes using this feature brings stability issues. The problem that we are facing might be resulting due to this so we need to disable the feature and check if it solves our problem or not. Let us follow the below steps and see the outcome.
- The first step is to open File Explorer on your system. Search for it in the Windows search on the taskbar and it will open up.
- Now, you need to go to the location where your Steam is installed. It’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ by default. Now, go to steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\.
- The third step is to right-click TslGame.exe and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and check the Disable fullscreen optimizations feature. After doing this click OK.
Play the game and see if it worked for you or not. Don’t get disappointed if it didn’t work for you as this was the first fix, we have many fixes remaining still. So, let’s move ahead and focus on the next fix.
Fix 2: Run your Steam as administrator
The second fix is to run steam on the administrator mode. The problem might be arising due to some privilege issues with Steam so it is better to run it on admin mode and see what outcome do we have.
The first step again is to go to the location where Steam is installed after opening File explorer.
Now, right-click Steam.exe and click Run as administrator.
Play the pubg game on pc and see if you get rid of the issue or not. If not, let’s focus on the next fix.
Fix 3: Disable running as administrator for your game
In the previous fix, we saw how to enable the admin mode. Now, there might be the case where the issue is arising due to the game running on admin mode. Let us disable it and see the consequences.
- If your File explorer is open then well and good otherwise open it again and head on to the Steam installation location and then go to steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\.
- Now, click properties after right-clicking TslGame.exe.
- Now, click the Compatibility tab and uncheck Run this program as an administrator. After doing this, click OK.
Play the game to check whether the fix worked for you or not.
Fix 4: Force restart your Steam
The issue might get solved by force restarting your Steam client so let’s follow the steps given below.
- Open Task Manager and click the Processes tab.
- Go for right-clicking each PUBG application.
- For each application, click End task.
- Open the Steam client and run the game to see the outcome.
If it fails, go for the last fix which is updating the device drivers.
Fix 5: Device Driver Update
The faulty device drivers might also be one of the reasons behind this issue. One needs to update them as early as possible to solve the issue and play the game with ease. One can update the drivers either manually or automatically.
In the manual option, you should be having the skills to do it on your own. You have to download the drivers from the internet and install them. For this, you must be aware of your system specs too.
Another option is the automatic one. You can update the drivers using a tool. This option is suitable for those who don’t have the time or skills to do it manually. If you have both time and skills then go for the manual option rather than spending some extra bucks on a tool.
These kinds of tools recognize your system and gather information about the drivers that need to be updated. You have to just purchase the tool, download and install it and keep it on a scan. It will scan your system and inform you about the outdated drivers. You have to allow it to download and install the latest drivers, that’s it, your work is done!
So do it either manually or using a tool and see if it fixes the issue or not. These were the fixes for the PUBG failed to initialize the Steam issue. Try each and every fix that we have shown above and we ensure you your problem will get definitely solved.